- Message the value positioning of the 100% Angus All-Beef Frank to both prospective grillers, and listeners in the summer mindset.
- Create multiple touchpoints to engage consumers throughout the purchase funnel.
Tyson Foods, one of the world’s largest food companies and recognized leader in packaged foods, sought to engage listeners with Ball Park Brand consistently throughout the grilling season. They were looking for a solution that touted both broader reach, yet also embodied the spirit of summer, so that the Ball Park 100% Beef Frank could become a must-have for any summertime grilling menu. The overall message that Tyson needed to communicate was: “It’s not summer without Ball Park.”
Tyson turned to Pandora’s unique ad offerings and scale to:
- Engage all prospective summer grillers at various points along the purchase path by leveraging a combination of reach, and engagement-based products
- Communicate the message that “It’s not summer without Ball Park” via high-impact media and front door takeovers
- Touch listeners through sight, sound and motion for a deeper experience using Pandora’s Mobile Video products
- Provide value to listeners by giving them “Sounds to Grill By” with a thematic Brand Station
For an established brand like Ball Park who’s been a household name since 1957, it’s crucial to maintain market penetration by tapping the next generation of households. In the case of Ball Park, this meant reaching both general market listeners in the summertime mindset, and the key audience of prospective grillers. Ball Park needed a partner with the ability to scale against their core demo, and reinforce the relationship between summer and grilling using contextual media. Pandora was the perfect partner to help reach new customers, driving engagement down funnel with relevant ad experiences for each step.
Pandora and Tyson built a media plan to reach prospective grillers and tailor their messaging strategy to the platform. The strategy was two-fold, Mobile Welcome Interstitials and Mobile Audio/Video drove awareness for purchasers, while the Ball Park Summer Grilling Station provided the soundtrack to summer entertaining. Within the station, Ball Park received 100% SOV of In-Station Audio and Display ads, reinforcing the tie between Ball Park Franks and summer. Additional media targeted to Pandora’s Hot Dog Shoppers audience segment drove home the message around Ball Park’s 100% All-Beef Frank.
Ball Park and Pandora successfully created a one-to-one conversation with over 26.1 million new households. Pandora delivered the massive reach Ball Park required, as well as deepened listener association with summertime grilling through perfect contextual alignment. The Custom Brand Station amassed over 250,000 listeners, who tuned into the Ball Park Summer Grilling Station, spending over 120,000 hours listening and engaging with the music and branded content.1
The strategy successfully drove broader awareness, while simultaneously engaging listeners with summer grilling-themed experiences. Ultimately, the campaign drove a 2x ROAS and 3% lift in product sales for Ball Park Brands.2
 Pandora Internal Metrics, May-Oct 2016
 Nielsen Catalina Offline Sales Impact Analysis, May-Oct 2016